Plumbing and roofing problems are common in most households. Whether you’ve had your home for a long time or a few years only, they are inevitable. You should, therefore, be ready to take on minor repair jobs yourself or call professional roofing contractors Perth has today for the more complex jobs. If the job is risky, though – you need to know your way around roofing repairs to be able to get it done without causing more damage.
Here are a few basic and practical safety tips to consider before you decide to call on roofing contractors Perth has to offer:
- Buddy system – When repairing your home’s roof, do not do it alone. Make sure you have a buddy to assist you especially in transporting supplies and equipment you need to handle during the repair. Household roofs do not have railings or handholds so it is tricky to navigate your way around the roof. With a buddy helping you out, they can also keep an eye out for you.
- Secure your ladder first. If you are using a ladder to make your way to the roof, make sure that it is secure and solid in its place before you start climbing up. This is why the number one rule is highly important. When you have a buddy, they can use a ladder stabilizer or watch over you as you make your way up to the roof.
- If it rained the other night or earlier that day, postpone your roof repair. It is too risky to walk on wet and slippery roof shingles or surface.
- Always use a safety harness. This will ensure your safety in case of accidental slips so you will not fall hard from the roof.
- Use proper footwear. To avoid accidental slips from the roof, you should use a footwear designed for the roof’s surface. A rubber soled shoe is the ideal option as they provide good traction.
- Install toe holds. Even when your shoe provides good traction when navigating your way around the roof, toe holds provide a safety net and provides easier access.
- Clear your area as you go. Aside from the challenges of the roof’s surface itself, debris or supplies lying around can also cause you to slip accidentally. You should avoid that from happening by clearing the area of supplies as soon as you are done using them.
- Know when to call a professional. If you cannot commit to handling roof repair given the circumstances above, it is best to leave it to a professional. You have to understand your own ability. If you have reservations, don’t risk it. Click here PMC Roofing Pty Ltd
When you need a major roof repair done, don’t risk it. Leave it to the professionals who follow protocols to ensure their staff safety and the safety of your property. In Perth, there is one name that the community trusts to handle roofing repairs for offices and schools. Therefore, you should trust them to deliver an equally excellent job for residential properties too. To find out more about one of the most trusted roofing contractors Perth has to offer, visit http://www.pmcroof.com.au/.